Hospice care focuses on improving the quality of life of patients who are at the end stage of their disease. Usually, the goal is to manage their symptoms and make sure they’re living comfortably and free from pain. Pharmacists from a Pharmacy in Northridge, California, can help with this.
Medication Therapy Management in California is a routine part of hospice care to make sure that patients receive the right medicine at the appropriate time. By doing this, pharmacists will be able to help healthcare workers manage symptoms and improve the quality of life for patients. It involves the following activities:
- Medication Therapy Review where a pharmacist reviews the current medications for a patient for effectivity, side effects, and dosage.
- Personal Medication Records ensure that there is a record for all medicines that healthcare workers administer for the patient.
- A Medication-Related Action Plan helps healthcare workers know what to do specifically for each type of medication, which doctor prescribed it, and which pharmacist had provided it.
- Intervention makes sure for the pharmacist to coordinate with the patient’s doctor when there are challenging issues in the medication plan.
- Documentation allows for a detailed record of steps that the pharmacist took in the Medication Therapy Management for future reference.
We at Poly-Med Pharmacy provide quality medication geared primarily towards hospice care. Also, we are offering our clients vaccination against influenza through our Drive-Thru Flu Shot. We’d like to hear from you and talk about how we can help you. Please contact us for more details.